Tenant with bad credit history

geordie100

Hi, i have a potential tenant is very keen to move into my property. From this site i have gathered that www.tenantref.co.uk is a good site for a credit check.

The tenant has informed me that he has terrible credit (Supposedly from when he was much younger)

Is there any point therefore in carrying out the credit check?? As i can predict that it is going to come back and be bad??

Also, i can get a 'full profile' which takes 3 days to do the check or an 'Insight' or 'credit check' which both take less time. Can anyone advise which is the best to get??

Hi Geordie,

I wouldn't bother with either or him. Of course he is keen to move in as you seem like a soft touch and have listened to his bad credit problem. How does the rest of him check out -previous landlord ref, employment, guarantor etc.?

Are there no prospective tenants up your way without problems? I'd be patient until someone uncomplicated comes along.

Mortitia

Yes, I agree, DON'T do it. not just bad credit history but terrible credit history, this should be ringing some serious alarm bells.

Think about it, how would you feel at the likelyhood of continually chasing the rent each month, the tenant not answering the phone etc, etc.

From first-hand experience it can be very stressful.

Move-on, find a good tenant and don't bother wasting money and a credit check, until a suitable tenant appears

I have bad credit history yet i paid my mortgage payments on time for the past 12 years.

a lot of people have bad credit history, mines from being issued a default a from a finance company i'm in dispute with for being mis-sold PPI, which i'm now claiming back.

check his credit file and see how long ago his bad credit history was from and from what companys.

Guest trebor69trebor

A so called friend begged me to let him my shop after being made bankrupt said it was because of illness. so being a soft touch (not any more i like to add) gave in. i even allowed him to download a cheep aggrement as he said could not pay set up costs of aggrement .was in there three months then just left to a so called better location .had to fight for ever penny and now have the local bailifs thinking im him ever time i go and check the place. please run away from the idiots theres always a good tenant just around the corner it always worth waiting cheers trebor.

Archived