How do you value a property these days?

MarkJ

As the property market is dropping like a stone at the moment I'm very keen on buying some more houses for BTL purposes.

But how in the world can you put a 'market value' on a property these days? Looking at previous prices in an area is no guide, nor is 'current asking price'.

I want to ensure that I'm buying at a good (preferred VERY good) price. The plan is to then rent the poperties out whilst the market is down, and sell them at some (far away by the sounds of some ppl) time in the future.

Any help gratefully received.

Mark

As the property market is dropping like a stone at the moment I'm very keen on buying some more houses for BTL purposes.

But how in the world can you put a 'market value' on a property these days? Looking at previous prices in an area is no guide, nor is 'current asking price'.

I want to ensure that I'm buying at a good (preferred VERY good) price. The plan is to then rent the poperties out whilst the market is down, and sell them at some (far away by the sounds of some ppl) time in the future.

Any help gratefully received.

Mark

How long is a piece of string .....rental values and demand are a good guide ...check out RV of target props and ensure you offer price returns min 10% plus a bit to allow for further drops ........realistically they wil only drop so far ......

If they do drop further ....just smile and buy a Sxxt load more !!!!!!!

The Rodent

Archived