agents and rent up front

SUGAR

Arla members have to have a bonded client a/c which we have, but we have never (not yet) been checked up upon to make sure the funds are actually put in there.

But saying that if you go to all the bother and jump thro all the hoops they ask to be come members i dont suppose you wouldnt.

Good point.

The only info they gave me was the info about Church commissioners V Meya (2006). and the approach adopted in the County Courts under Section 5(3)(d) of the housing act 1988 was that if the rent under the fixed term tenancy was payable weekly the tenancy arising at the end of the fixed term would be a weekly tenancy, but if the rent was paid monthly the periods would be monthly, and so on.

I havent read thro it I just took their word for it (maybe that where I'm going wrong)

Quote"I dont see how 6 paymts in one affects terms in ast ie monthly" Quote

nor do I but you could also argue, I dont see how not protecting the deposit invalidates the s21 or accepting the keys from a tenants removes the need for a valid notice to quit.

Simple...because (unfairly or not !) this is clearly set out as proceedure in the housing act xxXX and/or AST

I dont know if it is right and it wont stop me taking 6 months upfront if offered it just may make me think about it more carefully and who i am taking off from.

argh my post has been hijacked about tenancy terms :) lol

Rental payment period only affects the tenancy when it has been allowed to laspes into stat periodic as far as i am aware.

So if tenant pay's 6 monthly regardless of what the terms of the ast stated you have allowed a contract to occur on 6 monthly payments. Therefore if no new ast tenancy is signed after the initial 6months has expired then u are setting yourself up for an stat periodic 6 month agreement and due notice would have to be served.

I would suggest ...only if a payment is taken on mth 6 to cover 7-12

to avoid just issue new 6 mth ast

The Rodent

To haul this back on topic ...

There apears to be no reason (legal) for LA to withhold rent ...fine scrutiny of ll/la agmt may yield "to hand over rent payments within xx days " or similar ....which i would interpret as ALL rent collected ....

As b4 would issue demand for statute re; with holding or instruction to dc to collect

The Rodent

• 2 weeks later...

update update....omg well the worst is propably gonna happen now. I hate Estate Agents.

We received a letter from our solicitor informing us that the letting agents are under Administration, hahaha.

No contact yet back from the agents. So we wait and see and contact the administrators now i guess. Happy tenant, unhappy landlord. :o

Archived