Debt Collectors (again)

lanaby

I've been lucky with tenants for the last 2 years, however after her partner left one of my tenants' debt is spiralling out of control. This week her HB got taken by the bank for other bills so I got no rent. I've read on this site about the pros and cons of using debt collectors and have come to the conclusion it's the only language she'll understand. However, I want to use someone responsible which isn't going to result in me being charged with harrassment. I'm based in Dorset. Can anyone make a recommendation? Also, as she's still in the property and I'm evicting her, would people reocmmend using a DC now or wait until she's out?

thanks

lanaby

If she is 2 months in arrears (which means 1 month and 1 day) Write to the HB dept ASAP and state you are the L/L of the property and the tenant is more than 8 weeks in arrears and request all hb payments to now be paid directly to you. (they have to do it)

Serve 21 and section 8 as well

If more than 8 weeks in arrears THEY HAVE TO PAY YOU BUT YOU HAVE TO REQUEST IT IN WRITING

my local council make the next payment at the begining of august, i dont know if it is the same payment date across the country but if so get your letter off ASAP or you will miss the next payment run.

I'm not at that stage yet, the rent was due July 22 so she's only just overdue but I know it's not coming. does that mean I need to wait till next month before issuing a section 8? I will write to them again anyway to inform them. Thanks.

Archived