state of untidiness during viewings

heebs

hello all

I am really fed up with tenants who, despite signing contracts that they will keep the place tidy during their notice period for viewings by prospective tenants...continually leave the place looking like a hovel...beds unmade..clothes strewn about...curtains have drawn..

Please can any experienced landlords advise on how to avoid this scenario..does anyone fine their tenants for leaving the place messy during viewings..i,e clause written into thiier contracts...or does anyone have any other solutions around this

I know presentation is v important and sometimes i loose rent as i am not able to get any interest in the place until the tenant has moved out and i have a chance to tidy the room myself.

any suggestions very welcome

thanks in advance

hello all

I am really fed up with tenants who, despite signing contracts that they will keep the place tidy during their notice period for viewings by prospective tenants...continually leave the place looking like a hovel...beds unmade..clothes strewn about...curtains have drawn..

Please can any experienced landlords advise on how to avoid this scenario..does anyone fine their tenants for leaving the place messy during viewings..i,e clause written into thiier contracts...or does anyone have any other solutions around this

I know presentation is v important and sometimes i loose rent as i am not able to get any interest in the place until the tenant has moved out and i have a chance to tidy the room myself.

thanks in advance

hello all

thanks in advance

I agree, not much you can do about it. If you can't use a stick, maybe try a carrot?

Offer them an inducement that should the property be re-let with a move-in within, say72 hours of their vacate date, you will treat them to ......whatever.... ? You might suggest that keeping the place tidy will help the process!

Barry

Archived