New Landlord's Start Up Help page?

Chestnut

May I suggest that this otherwise excellent site should include a basic "New Landlord's Start Up" page for brief advice for New and Potential Landlords?

Time and again a new contributor enters this forum asking for basic advice, either because they think they want to be a Landlord, or, as in a recent case, may have "inherited a Tenancy" - possibly with a sitting tenant and therefore has little or no option to learn the Landlord ropes.

It should be possible to limit the basics to an A4 sheet (or a webpage of no more than two scrolled screens), with references and hyperlinks to more detail, most of which is probably already somewhere on this site.

One for the Moderator............?

Yes Chestnut, that is a really good idea.

It strikes me that a lot of new landlords are not likely to want to read books on the subject as much as members recommend them - that is why they are on the net looking for a 'one stop shop' with the answer to everything in a format they know.

As the recession goes on I think there will be more 'new landlords' in trouble so this could be a popular feature and save the regulars repeating themselves.

Mortitia

Archived