Advice please regarding outgoing tennant

stirromg

My tenant has recently left the promises. The property was rather dirty the carpets need cleaning and a pipe was leaking in the bathroom causing damage to the floor boards. The tenant paid on time and up to date

I co own this property and am a co landlord

I believe that we as landlords are responsible to maintain the property and should have completed regular inspections (we did not carry out one inspection in nine months) . I also believe that the dirty carpet is due to ware and tear. However, my co landlord does not agree and believes that we should demand the cleaning and repair charges from the tenant.

Could anyone advise who is correct?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi

If the tenancy began after 6th April 2006 i am hoping you registered the deposit

If this is the case you can only make a deductiion from the deposit with the tenants agreement

If this is not given you would have to go to audjudication and proove with the inventory that the tenant caused the dirty carpets etc

However if you check the tenacy there may be a clause in it that the tenant had to report to the landord leeking pipes etc.

Good luck

Hi

If the tenancy began after 6th April 2006 i am hoping you registered the deposit

If this is the case you can only make a deductiion from the deposit with the tenants agreement

If this is not given you would have to go to audjudication and proove with the inventory that the tenant caused the dirty carpets etc

However if you check the tenacy there may be a clause in it that the tenant had to report to the landord leeking pipes etc.

Good luck

sorry 2007

Archived