Notice to Quit A Periodic tenancy

gary29

I am attempting to end a tenancy that is now periodic. AST expired on the 28th of Feb 2008. I am in the process of filling the initial notice to quit a periodic tenancy form. A Section 21(4)(a). This will be then copied and sent to Tennant and a copy for the county court. As far as filling the form goes. I am not entirely clear on the possession dates to put in the spaces.

In the notes on the form, Note 3 states the date specified must be a) The last day of a period of the tenancy. Which was in my case the 28th of Feb before becoming periodic. B) at least two months after this notice is given. c) No sooner than the earliest day on which the tenancy could ordinarily be brought to an end by a notice to quit.

I wish to be factually concise so as not to waste time. I am hoping members have experience in this matter and would be grateful for some positive feedback. I do not wish to incur unnecessary expense employing the services of a solicitor.Considering I have considerable rent arrears stacking up.

In any case I realize the court must make an order for possession. I am waiting for accelerated possession forms at this time.

Sorry I am not particularly switched on in these matters, hence the forum?.

I am attempting to end a tenancy that is now periodic. AST expired on the 28th of Feb 2008. I am in the process of filling the initial notice to quit a periodic tenancy form. A Section 21(4)(a). This will be then copied and sent to Tennant and a copy for the county court. As far as filling the form goes. I am not entirely clear on the possession dates to put in the spaces.

In the notes on the form, Note 3 states the date specified must be a) The last day of a period of the tenancy. Which was in my case the 28th of Feb before becoming periodic. B) at least two months after this notice is given. c) No sooner than the earliest day on which the tenancy could ordinarily be brought to an end by a notice to quit.

I wish to be factually concise so as not to waste time. I am hoping members have experience in this matter and would be grateful for some positive feedback. I do not wish to incur unnecessary expense employing the services of a solicitor.Considering I have considerable rent arrears stacking up.

In any case I realize the court must make an order for possession. I am waiting for accelerated possession forms at this time.

Sorry I am not particularly switched on in these matters, hence the forum?.

:D The section 21 (a) notice is a request to end the tenancy agreement, and is a voluntary agreement between you and your tenant. As such you will not be required to attend court. If after the expiry date of the S21 your tenant does not move out, you will need to serve S8 notice. This will require a court appearance to evict your tenant. Your para 2 appears to be quoting a section 8 notice. What notice are you serving?

If your tenants rent is due on the 28th your S21 (a) must state you require possession after 27th.

The 28th is the start of a new rental period.

So if you serve notice on 23rd May the tenant will be required to vacate by July 27th.

If you can serve in person with a witness (who must not be related) and get the tenant to sign for it, all the better. If not you can post by hand through the letterbox again with witness, and if poss photographic evidence. The court will accept that as proof of posting, should you need to go as far as eviction. You can also serve by recorded delivery, but the tenant may refuse to sign for it or fail to collect from post office if they do not open the door. If you have considerable rent arrears, also Serve S8 ground 8 and apply for a court date. This will not only allow the court to evict the tenant, but also address the recovery of your outstanding rent arrears and court costs.

NSI :ph34r:

Archived