HIPS Needed when its a private sale???????

jamandco

Hi All

Just a quickie..I read that a HIPS is only needed when a house goes on the open market for sale ...say, through an EA, but it is NOT a legal requirement if the sale goes ahead on a private sale between Vendor and Buyer with no middleman?????? Is this right?

Many thanks again for all the invaluable advice

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

Just a quickie..I read that a HIPS is only needed when a house goes on the open market for sale ...say, through an EA, but it is NOT a legal requirement if the sale goes ahead on a private sale between Vendor and Buyer with no middleman?????? Is this right?

Many thanks again for all the invaluable advice

Michael

short answer.. YES it does require a hip unless the property is tenanted.. think about that for a second..

long answer.... (and it's VERY naughty in principle and tbh and not sure how this would work out.. but it is something that i have been talking about with other people in the game, although i know no-one that has actualy tried it .... yet!)

1stly, is the "new" owner going to let the property ? if not, then it's dodgy ground.. but if they ARE.. well, let the property out to THERE potencial tenant before you sell it to them...

why ? well a property that has a valid AST does not require a hip...

for the sake of signing a tenancy agreement (what.. say £10.00 from the internet for a basic standard 1?) you can save yourself hundred's ..

this is ovcourse only possible if both vendor and purchasor know and trust each other.. not really recomended for your average joe blogg's trying to sell his property and avoid the HIP..

food for thought though.. £10.00 for an AST Vs £300-500 for a HIP ??

Check this out.....

Do I need a Pack?

You do not need a Home Information Pack for:

Properties where there is no marketing (e.g. sale to member of your family)

Non-residential properties

Seasonal and holiday accommodation

Mixed sales (e.g. shop with flat)

Right to buy and similar sales

Sales of portfolios of properties

Properties not being sold with completely vacant possession

Unsafe properties and properties to be demolished.

Properties already on the market when the duty to have a Pack arises (1 August for sales of homes with 4 bedrooms or more, and 10 September for sales of homes with 3 bedrooms or more)

New homes built under Part L of the Building Regulations 2006 (these will be brought in by a separate commencement order in due course)

For more info goto:

http://www.homeinformationpacks.gov.uk/

The Rodent

ps...... google is also very useful ....if you use it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived