WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SELL A PROPERTY WITH A TENANT IN

darren9659

I have a property which has a tenant who has lived there for a few years.Im looking to sell the property but unsure if i should sell with the tenant in (sell to another landlord) or give the tenant notice and sell empty.The property is in Newcastle so any agents who you can recommend would be appreciated.

I'm also thinking about setting up a website for landlords to sell tenanted properties on to other landlords.Could you give me any views on this also.

I have a property which has a tenant who has lived there for a few years.Im looking to sell the property but unsure if i should sell with the tenant in (sell to another landlord) or give the tenant notice and sell empty.The property is in Newcastle so any agents who you can recommend would be appreciated.

I'm also thinking about setting up a website for landlords to sell tenanted properties on to other landlords.Could you give me any views on this also.

newcastle upon tyne ?

Hmm.. all depends on a couple of things TBH.

1) how much did you pay for it in the 1st place and how much are you "hopeing" to make on it (note the HOPE there)

2) how much is the tenant paying for the property atm ?

3) what sort of tenancy are they on atm ? you said "years" .. they are on a AST i asume ?

4) what sort of condition is the property in at the moment ?

all of the above will influence the price .. me being a sales/letting agent (not a bad one, but not the best by any stretch) i normaly give the vendors 2 price's in situations like this.. 1 for what it would be as is, 1 for what they would get if it was vacant. the 1st being based on what sort of Yeild a potencial client would be looking to get from the current rent recived. If you looking for mega bucks in newcastle (depending on the area) at the moment, then think again. in general, around the newcaslte area, (especialy the east end) the rent are FAR to low to make a decent yeild for what you might be looking to sell it for.

Just be careful which agent you ask the opinion of around the city.. there are some retards around at the moment that quite simply want to put there board up outside the place, and could not give a monkeys about giving you some good advice

BTW.. am from newcastle myself, so if you want to pick my brains on the matter and not be bluffed by some flashy arse.. drop me a line.

Archived