Letting Agents offering full management service

Matthew

Afternoon all,

I am looking at emigrating to Australia and may be going this summer on a 1 year working VISA with view to have permanent residency.

Does anybody know which letting agents provide a full service and guarentee income...i.e. 80% of the current rent?

I don't think I will be able to find one that rents out on an HMO room by room basis, but thought I'd see if anybody know.

The areas are Brighton & Reading.

Also, if not, has anybody got any tips for finding a "good" agent. I guess I will be a bit hindered due to the HMO room by room basis....but any information would be good.

My main worry is that Letting Agents don't seem to be too bothered about large voids, personally I would want the average void to be around 2 weeks per room per year max ( I would say my average is better than this whilst I've been managing them)......I do not Trust Letting Agents to be as good as me at finding tenants (It costs me much more than it costs them if a room is empty).

Is there any chance of getting words into the contracts whereby I pay 15% if rent is over £1,400 per month, 5% if between £1,000 per month and £1,400 and 0% if less than £1,000? (The property has rented for about £1,760 and £1,850 pcm fully tenanted (6)).

All advice, information comments welcome.

Regards,

Mat.

Try your local council "private sector homeless/asylum seekers" dept ...usually 3 yr lets and money fair !

Qtrly pymt upfront and guaranteed.

I have got a few i have done as I WANT MY LIFE BACK !!!!!! if you know what i mean !

As for good LA only ever found one ...try looking in your bathroom ......in the mirror!

You can get whatever the other party agrees to into the agreement ...

S

Try your local council "private sector homeless/asylum seekers" dept ...usually 3 yr lets and money fair !

Qtrly pymt upfront and guaranteed.

I have got a few i have done as I WANT MY LIFE BACK !!!!!! if you know what i mean !

As for good LA only ever found one ...try looking in your bathroom ......in the mirror!

S

Well happy new year to all! :lol:

I haven't been on for a while because we're mega busy.

I stroll back in tonight and have read all the recent posts.

I don't generally agree with simon's views but i will with the comment

this is, and should be, negotiable between yourself and any prospective agent, you generally won't get the response you want but keep trying and eventually you may!

with regard to mirrors and landlords, please don't be as blinkered as our resident landlord himself, Simon. There ARE cr*p one's out there but there are the occasional few who will give a service that you require.

From my 'very' limited (that's for Simon haha) experience there are FAR MORE Landlords out there that I wouldn't work with than there are agents that I WOULD!! (AND YES, i WORK WITH OTHER AGENTS ASWELL) You just need to do your research properly, try a few, and find out for yourself.

Gareth

Simon!!!

Loving that you are signing your posts "S" now instead of the old way "Simon" Is it because you just don't have the time or are you heading towards the "prince syndrome" where the "S" will eventually become a "symbol"? haha

Be careful! You know what happened to him!! sent to oblivion 'really' by the faithful when he tried to rule the world.

For once i nearly agree with you Gareth !!

Nearly ....."try a few" can, and will , almost certainly be a "very" expensive experience.....

just "talk" to a few will give you a good idea.............

Prince ??? of darkness ? of light ? or the depressing warbler (purple precipitate style) ....

No just monster busy !!!

S (for Gareth....Simon !)

My ex-letting agent's efforts on my behalf went downhill since I left the country - so beware... out of sight out of mind and all that. Just when you're used to 2wk voids, you're into 2 month voids. Had to give the boot in the end.

If you do find an agent you think you can trust, before you go overseas, double check them, phone as a tenant and see what they say and if they punt your property. If they don't...

Archived