Leaking roof

r16chh

Had a new tiled roof put on a single extension six months ago, tenent tells me its leaking in one place going back with the roofer to see the cause at weekend he will fix at no cost if its down to him.

I have noticed that a sky dish has appeared on the house (even though I was not consulted about this).

My question is if it is due to the installation of the dish who is responsible for the repair. (sky, tenant or me).

Thanks

Richard

<br />Had a new tiled roof put on a single extension six months ago, tenent tells me its leaking in one place going back with the roofer to see the cause at weekend he will fix at no cost if its down to him.<br />I have noticed that a sky dish has appeared on the house (even though I was not consulted about this).<br />My question is if it is due to the installation of the dish who is responsible for the repair. (sky, tenant or me).<br /><br />Thanks<br />Richard<br />
<br /><br /><br />

If (as all good ones should do), your AST states the tenant cannot install aerials, telephones and satelite dishes without the landlord's prior written permission, the tenant is in breach of his or her contract and you hold them liable for any damage caused - including removing the dish and repairing any damage caused. The installers may come out and put it right just as your roofer has offered to do but ultimately, the tenant is responsible as he had no authority to instruct installation of the dish.

I hope that helps.

r01

<br /><br /><br />

If (as all good ones should do), your AST states the tenant cannot install aerials, telephones and satelite dishes without the landlord's prior written permission, the tenant is in breach of his or her contract and you hold them liable for any damage caused - including removing the dish and repairing any damage caused. The installers may come out and put it right just as your roofer has offered to do but ultimately, the tenant is responsible as he had no authority to instruct installation of the dish.

I hope that helps.

r01

Had this discussion with EAs who manage some properties and they stated that you can not prevent the installation of a Sat Dish as that could be interpreted as interfering with the reasonable enjoyment of the property, subject to it being made good when they leave thats basically all you can do.

If damage has been done thats another issue but any Sat Installer that screws up a roof is a cowboy.

Archived