Can I Give A 3 Month Tennancy Agreement ???

colindj69

I gave a friend of the family a 3 month agreement, who's on benefits. But the council are saying that only 6 month agreements can be issued and what I've done by issuing a 3 month one is illegal.....

If that's the case, why did the council accept tenants claim after seeing the agreement ??

Also, the tenant is meant to be paying towards the rent but as yet hasn't... Could I evict them for this if need be....???

Many thanks

Colin

Just to add my local council when pushed say that they dont even have to see a tenancy agreement just a letter stating that they are going to live in your property, how much it is... who you are in relation to T etc.... Dont know whether it is the same all over the country? But I had to get a senior housing benefit adviser on the telephone to find that one out...

Yes, you absolutely can issue a 3 month AST, but the 6 month period would apply in the case of a possession dispute. Some of my corporate clients' employers insist on an initial 3 month AST's just in case of unexpected relocation, or whatever.

Archived