Court Order

mo999

Hello all,

Could someone please help me. I obtained a possession order in March 2004. I then never acted on it for various personal reasons unrelated to the tenancy. I now wish to evict the tenant. I have continued to collect rent but I did not give any further tenancy. Can I still act on the Court Order and apply for Bailiffs or must I start the procedure again.

I am truly grateful for any assistance.

Did I read that right, MARCH 2004?! I think by still collecting rent for the last 3 1/2 years you have inadvertantly created another tenancy and I'd be very surprised if you could evict now without giving full notice again. In fairness if your tenant has been paying all this time and if they have caused no other trouble it would be unfair to try to sling them out, I think the law would be against you here and you would need to serve the proper notice, ie section 21.

Of course, I could be wrong... let's see what other responses you have.

Did I read that right, MARCH 2004?! I think by still collecting rent for the last 3 1/2 years you have inadvertantly created another tenancy and I'd be very surprised if you could evict now without giving full notice again. In fairness if your tenant has been paying all this time and if they have caused no other trouble it would be unfair to try to sling them out, I think the law would be against you here and you would need to serve the proper notice, ie section 21.

Of course, I could be wrong... let's see what other responses you have.

Thank you. I share your views. I think I have waived my right to enforce the Order by continuing to collect the rent. I thought there may be some legal ruling that might allow me to still apply for eviction. Thank you for your comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived