Register of ccjs

peachhr

Hi

Sorry if this has been discussed before: I recently obtained a possession order via section 8, ground 8. The tenant has not left, nor paid up (owes £4,000), and I have submitted a warrant of execution (to instruct baillifs to evict). The eviction date is a week from now. My question is, how do I get the ccjs registered against the tenant? Does the possession order that I was granted, or the warrant I submitted, imply automatic registration of the ccjs on the register, or do I need to take further action - if so, what action. (Note: At this stage I do not wish to request the court to "enforce" the judgement - ie force the tenants to pay up- as not likely to succeed; just need ccjs registered). Thanks

Hi

Its dead easy to issue a CCJ via www.moneyclaim.gov.uk its open 24/7 and its menu driven so you cant make a mistake. As its a government service you only pay the relevant court fee. Once completed the defendant is served with documents within 48hrs, you can then request judgement and a warrant online if it is undefended.

Just as a extra note its possible now to gain a judgement for possession via Possession claims on line and its cheaper.

If you need help PM me.

Oliver

Peachhr's already got a judgement and wants to know if the order with a judgement to pay arrears will result in a CCJ being registered automatically as a result. Moneyclaim's unnecessary in this instance if an award has already been made but, as the question asked, at what point is the CCJ registered and when. Good question. My understanding is that if the debt is not paid in one month it is recorded on the register of CCJs.

Archived