periodic tennancy

gary29

Dear members thankyou for your insights, thus far. However it seems I am still slighty confused concerning my AST agreement. I understand having learned from your goodselves that as my AST expired at the end of September. You have stated my situation concerning tennancy pariculars with T automatically becomes a periodic tennancy. As neither has served notice upon the other.

The problem I have is that my Tennancy agreement from Walker Morris of Leeds citing the housing act of 1988 for guidance. Clearly states that at the end of the T period. In which case it is written as a 6 month AST. T is under an obligation to quit by not renewing the T at the lapse of the AST period.

It has been stated by the forum membership thet the T is now considered a periodic T. This seems to contradict my understanding of the T agreement in my charge. Which states at the end of the T period, ie 6 months, T is under an obligation to leave, to move off the premises, surrender keys etc.

Is the wording of my T agrrement satisfactory or has there been ammendments in legislation recently suggesting the possibility my T agreemeent is now considered outmoded?. In terms of what constitutes the rule of law covering AST's

Once again thankyou, for any follow ups.

regards

Gary

Dear members thankyou for your insights, thus far. However it seems I am still slighty confused concerning my AST agreement. I understand having learned from your goodselves that as my AST expired at the end of September. You have stated my situation concerning tennancy pariculars with T automatically becomes a periodic tennancy. As neither has served notice upon the other.

The problem I have is that my Tennancy agreement from Walker Morris of Leeds citing the housing act of 1988 for guidance. Clearly states that at the end of the T period. In which case it is written as a 6 month AST. T is under an obligation to quit by not renewing the T at the lapse of the AST period.

It has been stated by the forum membership thet the T is now considered a periodic T. This seems to contradict my understanding of the T agreement in my charge. Which states at the end of the T period, ie 6 months, T is under an obligation to leave, to move off the premises, surrender keys etc.

Is the wording of my T agrrement satisfactory or has there been ammendments in legislation recently suggesting the possibility my T agreemeent is now considered outmoded?. In terms of what constitutes the rule of law covering AST's

Once again thankyou, for any follow ups.

regards

Gary

Archived