Fire certificates & signage?

botto

Hi, I've just started renting out my first property and I am a little unsure of the rules & regs. Can anyone tell me if I need to have a fire safety certificate? Do I need a fire extinguisher? Do I need to put any legal signage up e.g Fire Exit. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. :D

Very much depends on the no of storeys in prop, the no of households resident in prop ..whether they are on joint ast or sep agreements and the layout o the prop !

Nice and straight forward as you can see !

The safest way to make sure you are complying is to ask your local council as each prop is assesed on risk on its own merits ...if it is a 3 storey with 5 or more occs then you need a fully zonedfire alarm plus extinquishers...emergency lighting etc but as props get smaller annd less occ the requirements get less and less ...

Each council is guided by their local fire officer and requirements vary from council to council ....

Simon

Very much depends on the no of storeys in prop, the no of households resident in prop ..whether they are on joint ast or sep agreements and the layout o the prop !

Nice and straight forward as you can see !

The safest way to make sure you are complying is to ask your local council as each prop is assesed on risk on its own merits ...if it is a 3 storey with 5 or more occs then you need a fully zonedfire alarm plus extinquishers...emergency lighting etc but as props get smaller annd less occ the requirements get less and less ...

Each council is guided by their local fire officer and requirements vary from council to council ....

Simon

Cheers Simon. There are 2 flats (1 with 1 T and the other with 2 T's)It is a 3 storey building, ground floor is a shop, Entrance to both flats is on 1st floor via exterior steps, Flat 1 is on 1st floor and interior steps take you to 3rd storey and flat 2

You need to make enquiries with your local council .....wouldn't like to give you an inaccurate specific answer ...and i think you will find that the council wont either until they have done a site visit !

Simon

Thanks a lot Simon, I'll make enquiries with the council. Would just like to add that forums like this & people like you are a godsend to the uninitiated among us! Thanks for your help.

Darren

Archived