tenants gone without notification

laverda

Hi I have a situation where i have a potuguise tenant on housing benifit . I have not seen him for a couple of months now and have just been informed by a neighbour that he has gone back to Portugal. Housing benfit is still being paid for him so his rent is up to date .He has not told me of any intentions to move out. How long before i can claim property back?I am concerned housing benifits may reclaim a overpayment if he does not return Tried to contact him without sucsess. Can I enter property and reclaim it what notice should i serve bearing in mind i dont know where he is and if he wll ever return any sugestions welcomed as i feel this is a waste of taxpayers money paying his housing benifit if he has moved out would like to re let but concerned in case he returns what should i do

Hi I have a situation where i have a potuguise tenant on housing benifit . I have not seen him for a couple of months now and have just been informed by a neighbour that he has gone back to Portugal. Housing benfit is still being paid for him so his rent is up to date .He has not told me of any intentions to move out. How long before i can claim property back?I am concerned housing benifits may reclaim a overpayment if he does not return Tried to contact him without sucsess. Can I enter property and reclaim it what notice should i serve bearing in mind i dont know where he is and if he wll ever return any sugestions welcomed as i feel this is a waste of taxpayers money paying his housing benifit if he has moved out would like to re let but concerned in case he returns what should i do

I had a similar situation , I dropped a note through letterbox to say I would like to inspect the property giving 48hours notice.

Then after 48 hours knock on door and if no answer enter to inspect .

Did you get an address or tel. number of family or friend or phone number? I always get tel. numbers of next of kin or a friend to contact in case of problems.

In case of a foreigner you should always photo copy passport, the portuguese embassy may be able to help to trace the tenant.

my tenant never contacted me nor answered her mobile when I called so I just cleaned the mess she left, after taking photos .Changed the locks and relet the property.She had taken all her personal belongings.

Archived