THE PROPERTY SHOP!!!

mummy2be

Hiya me again!!!

WE HAVE HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE FROM THE PROPERTY SHOP ESTATE AGENTS!

well where to start?!

Thursday 30/8/07 :

I ring up The property shop estate agents about a place in swanscome and i get told the place is not available anymore. Then i get told that they have a 2 bed house in gravesend available for £550pcm. I explain the situation that we are not living together as we have not got a place yet and thats why we are looking now. The estate agents said that we would be able to go ahead with this place as we would be getting tax credits when we move in & my partners wages cover 2.5 times the rent anyway. So we made a veiwing for Saturday 1/9/07 at 11am.

Saturday 1/9/07 :

We get to Gravesend early enough to have a quick look around town and find the road the house is on. We turn up outside at 10.30am and we wait. By 11.25am still no estate agents has shown up so we walk up to the property shop in Gravesend. They claim it was not wrote in the diary, and apologize. Apology accepted! They then make another apointment for the same day but for 11.45am. So we go down there and wait yet again. Low and behold no-one turns up and 11.50am i get a phone call from an estate agent at The Property Shop telling me that as we are not claiming tax credits now.... we are not eligable for the place after all. So, The estate agent on the phone tell's me that he can find a one bedroom for us then go from there. OK i say, The estate agent promises to ring back with details of one bed places but never does.

We get back to my In-Laws house and we still havent heard nothing so i ring them up. Aparently the estate agent i spoke to had not forgotton but was speaking to some landlords for us. Another Ring Back Promised.

Monday 3/9/07 :

Still have not had a phone call from The Property Shop.

SO ACHEIVEMENT OF THE WEEKEND::

LOSS OF £10 GETTING TO GRAVESEND,

A WASTED DAY WHEN WE COULD HAVE BEEN VEIWING ANOTHER PLACE,

STOMACH PAINS FROM LOTS OF WALKING WHILST BEING 9 MONTHS PREGNANT.

:angry:

This sometimes happens when the agents cover selling aswell as lettings. Find another better one! There ARE some really good ones you know!

'its made me want to give up with estate agents lol.'

I totally agree with you on this, try looking for 'letting agents' only

Why not scour the local papers for properties to let and then give them a call. Once you view the property and meet the LL you should get a 'feel' of how they operate.

that's a little unfortunate not having a guarantor but why do you need one?

j4l :: because we are both under 21 we have been asked for a guarentor although we are very capable of paying bills and rent on time some landlords think we are uncapable. which i can understand but does get very frustrating. as it would only be my partner going down on the tennancy agrement as im only 17. i think alot of landlords look and think we are immature. although we wont be claiming dss we have been asked for a guarantor, but it does make it that little bit easier because we wont need a place accepting dss.

simon :: lol we are veiwing a place in dover on monday but would have preffered dartford but its so expencive. its with an estate agent so i hold little hope lol. :ph34r:

Under 21s are often asked for a guarantor, not because of their ability to pay the rent, but the general inability to look after someone else's property and meet their overall tenancy obligations. In the industry most of the problems come from younger tenants, which is why you are experiencing difficulties convincing others you're a safe bet.

Archived