manegment fees

russ295

hi

have my eye on a couple of 2 bed flats in a new block, havent found out how much the managment costs are, my query is, are the tenant or the landlord responsible, or is it included in the rent, if its in the rent its going to be a struggle as the rent is about 6k pa and the purchase is 100k, but if i have to take a grand out of the rent......................

russ

Landlord is responsible mate. Definately check it out, in new blocks will likely be £2,000 a year. Check for certain as my own flat I bough recently turned out to cost twice as much as the solicitor advised me of.

The other thing with these blocks is you hear of loads of stories that when works are needed you have to pay loads extra, can be £20,000 a time.

Not keen on new blocks myself mate and think the bubble will burst soon with them, we shall see!

cheers,

its the other half thats more interested than me, so will have a rethink.

should know better anyway, worked in a block a couple of years ago, built about 1970, lift on both sides were broke and they needed to find £110k per lift to replace, people on the bottom floors refusing to pay (as you would!)

back to the drawing board!

did you get that fan sorted simon?

russ

Hi mate, while you're here, you're an electrician/heating engineer aren't you?

I have an electric shower which is heated by the shower (not boiler) i beleive. Lately you can't control the heat, it is just boiling hot and unuseable, any ideas re the problem?

Regards,

Mat.

Hi mate, while you're here, you're an electrician/heating engineer aren't you?

I have an electric shower which is heated by the shower (not boiler) i beleive. Lately you can't control the heat, it is just boiling hot and unuseable, any ideas re the problem?

Regards,

Mat.

hi mat,

dont know much about heating!

it sounds like a thermostat problem, or as simon says low pressure, sometimes the shower head can get limescale in the small holes, remove the head and try the shower, if it works its the head, replace or soak in steradent (false teeth cleaner) overnight, if not i would just replace the whole unit unless its still under guarantee,

for showers i ALLWAYS use Mira, they are the only shower co that carry spares for 25 years!

hope this helps

russ

Or you could have the problem one of my T carefully explained to me on one occasion a few years ago:

If you switch the power on half an hour before using the shower it gets nice and hot -if you dont it is cold !!!

This was an electric shower she was talking about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somewhat amused, as my staff and i were, we obliged with a visit to the prop to investigate and told her we had changed the winky wanky valve on the vertical angler dangler return spring and all would be fine from hereon in .........

and guess what .......................IT WAS............................haha haha LOL

You do at least get the odd laugh in this game .....

Simon

Archived