Round Robin Anyone??

J4L

I've just had a thought today that many people on here give and take advice on allsorts of matters.

Lots of us have books that we read and occasionally use for reference once we've read them.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in either exchanging books to do with letting or starting a round robin where others can benefit from reading books that either they haven't read, or can't afford to go and buy.

Thoughts please if any.

Gareth

Hey Simon, you not speaking to me mate, i've PM'ed you twice now and you ain't answered.

What I do NOW!!! haha

I was actually talking about you on Wednesday to an aquaintance that we BOTH have, and they've told me ALL about you!!!!!

I'll skip the library truck if you don't mind - not old enough to manage it

And your book?? is it a SHORT story? lol

The very beautiful Carolynne - no doubt !

I also had interesting chat with her ..

Re PM offer - when marketing a prop for a client I would at least expect the agent to want visit the prop to get a feel for it " not sling some pics " on their website ..

The only upto date "pics" i have are in the form of a virtual tour taken by an agent who is professionally marketing the property on my behalf !

I do not have access to the file other than to view it ..!

As someone who is desperate for "stock" on his books i am amazed at your unprofessional attitude - not to worry though, we have taken a dep on house ...

Short book - all about a letting agent i once knew!!!!!!!!!!!LOLO

Hhaha

Simon

Yes the very beautiful Carolyn, I hope she wasn't too derogatory.

RE the PM offer- Well to be perfectly honest with you my first instinct was to ask if I could come have a look at the property but thought that was a little 'forward' seeing as you hadn't even agreed to my 'flexible offer' as yet.

You would have experienced some professionalism had you had the decency to answer.

Unprofessional attitude?? haha You have absolutely no idea.

If you HAD an agent already marketing it 'professionally' anyway why would you want another??

A virtual tour eh? That's very good. Now why didn't I think of that. hehe

Trust me I'm not 'desperate' for anything, let alone 'stock'. Luckily I'm in a nice position so I don't need to be!

I'm so glad you've taken a deposit on the place.

Good luck with it.

Short book- well well well, humour aswell? You just watch this space matey!!

People with their heads firmly shoved up their own a**es really get to me! :D

Gareth (still a non-desperate letting agent)

I use around a dozen different agents - if my property is advertised (let only ) with only one agent it is an over sight on my part ............

Why would i only use a small % of the marketing that is available to me ?

"let me have some photos of the property and a full description (measurements aswell please) as this is how we advertise it and I'll sling it on the site"

Let us see have an open opinion on the above All comments welcome on the level of professionalism demonstrated in the above ...........................

"Trust me I'm not 'desperate' for anything, let alone 'stock'. Luckily I'm in a nice position so I don't need to be! "

And there was me, thinking i was in business to try to make a profit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"People with their heads firmly shoved up their own a**es really get to me! "

A good rectal examination from time to time does no any harm ! ( certainly verifies that one is not full of Sxxt !!!!!!!!!!!hahah lol)

"Short book- well well well, humour aswell? You just watch this space matey!! "

I'm watching the "space" but at present waiting for the "thermal" to clear !!

''And there was me, thinking i was in business to try to make a profit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

Of course, but this is not my only income as your portfolio is not yours, I do make a profit, lots!! Meaning I'm not DESPERATE for stock and can choose which properties I service and which I don't. Ask the Landlords that I've already turned down!!

"let me have some photos of the property and a full description (measurements aswell please) as this is how we advertise it and I'll sling it on the site"

Let us see have an open opinion on the above All comments welcome on the level of professionalism demonstrated in the above ..........................."

this was a PM (that means private message) and was said after an 'informal' discussion. It wasn't posted on a forum and it certainly wasn't written in a formal agreement or letter. I'll give you that 'sling' was probably not the best word to use but it's certainly the only thing in there that sounded unprofessional. It's more hip to use words like that in text like ROFLMAO or LOL, how narrow minded of you to make a judgement on one word. haha. A response from you would have initiated a more in depth discussion and maybe a more formal agreement.

Struth................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"how narrow minded of you to make a judgement on one word. "

ONE WORD .........................!!!

Safe to say "we" have a lot more then "one word" to go on, here !!!!!!!!!

Tuck that chin back in - it's out again ! haha LOL

Simon

Ps What the Hxxx is ROFLMAO ????????????????

ONE WORD .........................!!!

Yes one word, 'sling' that's the only thing I could posiibly see that looks unprofessional in my text. If you choose to read between the lines and make decisions on a whim then I can't be held responsible for that. Ain't my fault.

Chin out? haha never!! I never let things get me down, life's too short.

Roll On Floor Laugh My A**e Off

Explanation of this for you as you're probably too old to understand!! haha

Stiletto in the eye ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Gareth is JUST having a FORKING LAUGH again !

Perhaps it shuold be J3L to reflect the no of props advertised on his site (last time i looked)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Gareth is actually 15 and bored and doesn't want to do his homework - so has come on here to wind us all up, with silly questions and comments and i bet he and his school friends have a great laugh every day behind the bike sheds comming up with more garbage to spew on here !

Off to the pub to play with the big boys now !

Later peeps!

Simon

Simon, how crass of you to make this personal. Shame that, I thought you 'liked the banter' (your words not mine) Thought you were better than that. I think the stilletto in the eye must've been one of yours, because getting personal is summit a bird would do!!!

I shall try to remain professional in my debates.

And 'chin out'?? I must confess I read this as 'chin up', must be my speed reading or my dyspepsia! haha.

'I think Gareth is JUST having a FORKING LAUGH again !' You See I got this! Wonder how many others did? Don't you think it should be 4king? Would've made more sense!

J3L ??? - Hey we all have to start somewhere fella, you did! Or don't you remember? ROFLMAO.

Maybe you should take another look we've doubled that now, we're actually on 6, but you know what? It's 6 more than we started with 6 weeks ago and there's 3 lined up for next month aswell and my target is one a week so hey-ho!!! Plus we're googling the first page, sometimes even coming FIRST on that first page! Some achievement that, regardless of the properties available!

See the problem with people is this:-

They start, they learn, they think they become competent, they think they know it all! Fortunately they don't! They come crashing down and that's where I'll pick up the pieces.

Bit like learning to drive I guess.

Difference here is I personally always back off a learner driver, give them space, allow for mistakes, give advice when I can because after all I was a learner once! I'm not the guy tail-gating them because I haven't left enough time for disruptions to the journey. I'm the patient one. Maybe I should start a driving school, JUST4LEARNERS! Wow I could use the same abbreviation!! haha

GPEL, it's called debating, not squabbling. It's a forum, that's what people do. Until it gets personal that is!!!!!!

And as for

'Squabbling with potential clients on a public forum is hardly a good advert and displays a certain naivety.'

haha that's tickled me.

Like I've said I ain't here to find clients (or friends) on a 'National website' that would be NAIVE.

I'm here to learn, I've never professed to know-it-all, like some!

I come in, have a read, see if there's anything interesting, add something if I feel it necessary or helpful, and leave, nothing more, nothing less. Occasionally I may have a laugh and a joke and try and inject a little humour into people's days. That's what I do. Ain't a crime is it!!! Although some call them 'silly posts' ???????? I don't get this!!!! They should 'get a life'

''This illustrates why agents should be properly trained, regulated and members of a professional body''

I've done ENOUGH research to show me that many 'agents' that ARE 'properly trained, regulated, members of professional bodies' are generally a little bit s**t at what they do. This is why they command such a poor opinion of themselves. I didn't cause that they did. This is why I thought I'd venture into this profession. Because I know I can do it better. It doesn't take a brain surgeon does it!!

Actually IS it a profession? I don't think it can be classed as such when people with a few quid in their pockets go buy a couple of houses and call themselves 'professional' landlords. Where's the regulation in that? Do they have to produce proof? Do they have to take out Professional Indemnity or Public Liability? No I don't think they HAVE to do they?

At least I'm trying to do something about it!

The day they REGULATE Landlords they'll regulate agents! Nuff said!!

Unfortunately lots of 'regulars' on forums find it necessary to 'gang up' on newcomers and a lot have tried to disgruntle me by picking holes in some posts, comments and threads. That's ok I'm a big boy (not a 15 year old as suggested! my grammar and spelling certainly is not that of a 15 year old! Oh yeh that's cos I've got degrees!) and I can take it!

Sorry that was a bit personal and that's really not my style!!

To summarise, I'm not vying for anyone's business on here, natural growth locally is where I'm at, I don't need or particularly want business nationally yet. That's the bigger plan!

There's no need to get personal with posts, they are cutting and not required.

Try and be a little warmer welcoming people onto the forum or you'll remain the only few, and that will get quite boring.

I 4 1 am now 'leaving the building'!

Gareth

You are getting all touchy again.. chill out !!

A bit of banter with a few few pertinent points do not warrant the paranoia you are displaying!

Its Friday (til i go to bed!) relax and lighten up !

I have been known to bit a little cynical, if not sarcastic, even dry on occasions - all in the same day !

Simon

You are getting all touchy again.. chill out !!

I'm VERY chilled. You need not worry about me!

A bit of banter with a few few pertinent points do not warrant the paranoia you are displaying!

I don't think they are pertinent.

They are Personal. That's uncalled for!

I have been known to bit a little cynical, if not sarcastic, even dry on occasions - all in the same day !

I find this hard to believe!!!!!!!!

"A bit of banter with a few few pertinent points do not warrant the paranoia you are displaying!

I don't think they are pertinent.

They are Personal. That's uncalled for!"

The beauty of this Great country we live in, is that:

You are entitled to your opinion - as right, or wrong as it may be !

Simon

Opinions are great when they are opinions.

When they become personal . . . .they become personal !!!

Just the 2 pints tonight thenSimon? lol

Archived