CRB Police checks

J4L

Whilst answering another post just now I thought it would be good to ask people's views on this generally.

It's not something that we've looked into 'fully' as yet but are in the process of.

Does anyone see the possibility of agents and Landlords being able to police check a tenant?

Does anyone see the need to do so?

Does anybody think it would help in making an informed decision about giving a tenancy out?

Are there people who have suggested this before.

Does anyone think that by police checking someone it imposes on their human rights?

A dumb stupid idea that allows Government to check up on everybody and use it for whatever reason at any time.....crime prevention one week, terrorism the next week, envirmonmental protection the next.

A person who commits a crime and is sentenced and serves that sentence has paid their debt to society, it may be not what people want but thats the way the law works.

Should then a person spend the rest of their life being judged for something that is way in the past and that they have already paid for ?

Keep Government out of business.

I was just thinking that maybe a drug dealer or an arsonist would think twice about applying for a tenancy if they knew they had to declare this.

Surely it's a safeguard??

I was just thinking that maybe a drug dealer or an arsonist would think twice about applying for a tenancy if they knew they had to declare this.

Surely it's a safeguard??

===

If they are criminally bent then how long do you think it will take them to find or make up someone elses ID right down to passport and driving licence ?

An arsonist won't go to the trouble as they will just burn it.

A drug dealer is good to have as they are totally paranoid and watch the street intently and are carefully about what they do as not to attract attention. In rentals they want to avoid contact with officialdom.

A pusher is slightly different as they are at the retail end and if you have one then you have a problem but doesn't appear to be a huge one as they tend to avoid private rentals as its the cash up front thats a problem.

Loving the ideas and thoughts on this one guys & gals, keep em coming.

Tomorrows topic??

I don't want obese peolpe as tenants!! Shock horror!!

yes this is completely true, a Landlord said this to me on the weekend when I went to give a market rental value on his property. I kid you not!!!

There were a whole list of other stuff aswell and reasons behind them all but i daren't go into this on here.

Archived