selling with tenants in situ

jsemmens

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sailing by and all, I would also like to know of such a site. It makes good sense to buy this way, I have had a few purchases like this, they have all work out well.

As my ID of Landlordsdirect suggests I am in favour of direct links between landlords, I am currently looking for support in setting up a deal which enable prospective tenant to contact landlords direct for properties to let via Rightmove. (see my Rightmove advertising post) I see no reason why we couldnt offer properties to each other on this forum. may be there is a reason why, or maybe a route already exist? let me know.

One thing to be aware of is that i was advised that the IR had treated some muti purchase deals brought from the same seller as one deal in as far as stamp duty, for example 5 x properties at 125k would normally be nil stamp, if they are seen by the IR as one deal they would attract 4% stamp costing you an extra £25k, so be warned, there is bound to be a way to stay clear of this, perhaps our friend Sherena (plym77) can enlighten us more.

Regards G

• 2 weeks later...

Landlord Trader is a great example of the kind of site which sells BTL properties landlord to landlord. I've had good results from listing my properties on there, and found some very interesting properties to reinvest my money in in return.

I'd really recommend them! :)

Oops the link doesn't seem to be working...ah well, I tried! Blame it on it being my first post! Here it is in plain text instead: www.landlordtrader.co.uk - they are worth a look.

What Robin said - I use Landlord Trader too and wouldn't be without it when looking for tenanted properties to buy. It's free too!

You don't want to lose out on rent coming in just because you are selling or buying a place, and tenants who are there usually want to stay there - far less hassle all round if you buy and sell without moving tenants in and out.

• 2 weeks later...

....just to comment on the Stamp Duty (SDLT) issue. It is highly likely that a deal to buy more than one property from the same person, whether all at the same time or separately would be viewed as a series of transactions and the values therefore aggregated, and thus higher SDLT charges.

Example:

10 houses at £100k each from 5 different people = NIL SDLT

10 houses from one person at £100k each = SDLT charge at 4% = £40,000

Unfortunately, this is one we are very unlikely to get around.... sorry guys!

This said, for a larger deal, you may well receive a discount on purchase - the saving may cover any SDLT charges anyway

Regards

Sherena

Archived