quarantor

mouseandjj

my partner and i are going to be viewing a bungalow today with a local letting agents. on there application form it says about a quarantor is needed if people are on housing benefits my partner as a terminal illeness and is on DLA for life so we do get housing benefits because of this. the property is £450 PCm and we have been offered between £400 And £420 But we can not get a quarantor because both sides of the family are in there 70s

our idea would be to offer either 3 months or six months rent up front to the landlord as my mother as given us this amount do you think we have any trouble with this . also as my partner gets most of the income in his name and i just get carer allowance do you think its best as a joint application r single application

i would very much like you advise please asap

Hi

personally i would accept 6 months up front and a bond - assuning a 6 mth tenancy

then at renewal i would renew for 6 mths with a further 6 mth payment

or you could offer 6 moth upfront and then pay monthly from day one

I think most LL would accept this

hope this helps !

let us know how you get on !

Simon

Hi

personally i would accept 6 months up front and a bond - assuning a 6 mth tenancy

hope this helps !

Simon

Hi

hope this helps !

Simon

whoops yes we have viewed and we know waiting on the landlord to get back to us but letting agents said that it could be as long as tuesday so just waiting now thanks simon

Archived