heating

collette

B) Hello, I let an all electric flat. One of the storage heaters no longer works; the cost of replacing it makes me wonder if it would be unfair to future tenants to replace it with a panel or oil filled radiator. I know the storage heater uses electricity at a cheaper rate (economy 7) however a like for like storage heater would cost approx. £300. Dilemma!

I would be grateful for opinions.

Not really a dilemma, storage heaters get bad press as well due to nature of use but like for like replacement may work out best in longrun.

Thank you for your reply. I think I will replace or does anyone know of a firm who can repair in the south Manchester area? Storage heater is approx 25 years old?

Thank you for your reply. I think I will replace or does anyone know of a firm who can repair in the south Manchester area? Storage heater is approx 25 years old?

Why don't you look in your local free ads paper I dunno about your area but i often see second hand ones for sale where people are putting in central heating and are usually glad of someone to take them off their hands. Last year I bought 5 for £50 to fit out a whole electric run house. Ok I had to bribe a friend with a van to get me there, but my electritian had no problem fitting them. All in all it was a great buy

Archived