Managing Agents

sue770

Hi

I currently own a property, which I rent out. I have recently got my Managing Agents to issue a Section 21 notice to the tenants when they currently tenancy agreement ends. Does anybody know do I need to issue any notices to the Managing Agents as once the tenancy agreement ends, I will not be requiring their serves as the property is being sold.

Many thanks

If they're reputable (which by far the greater majority are) then a phone call would normally be O.K. You could follow up with a letter to be certain. There is no official form to complete.

If, however you have any serious doubts over how they may respond,then read through your copy of the contract with the agent. If they have any conditions for termination then follow them to the letter.

Otherwise let them know in writing that you are terminating your agreement with them AFTER the successful departure of your present tenants due to the impending sale of your property.

Oh, and thank them for all their efforts on your behalf, and let them know that you're happy to recommend them to all those friends of yours who own BTL properties.

That way if they did consider taking any 'advantage' they may pause for thought....

If they're reputable (which by far the greater majority are) then a phone call would normally be O.K. You could follow up with a letter to be certain. There is no official form to complete.

If, however you have any serious doubts over how they may respond,then read through your copy of the contract with the agent. If they have any conditions for termination then follow them to the letter.

Otherwise let them know in writing that you are terminating your agreement with them AFTER the successful departure of your present tenants due to the impending sale of your property.

Oh, and thank them for all their efforts on your behalf, and let them know that you're happy to recommend them to all those friends of yours who own BTL properties.

That way if they did consider taking any 'advantage' they may pause for thought....

Hi Tony

Many thanks for your reply, I had already started drafting the letter to the agents and I did put in the clause about thanking them for the help they have given and would of course recommend them to friends.

Thanks again

Sue

Archived