problems getting a tennant

darren9659

i have a brand new 2 bed house in wallsend(battlehill).ive had this property about 4weeks and its up with a local agent but to no avail.its priced at£525 and as a new landlord i wondered if anyone new any internet or tabloid options or any ideas in general to help find a tennant as i need to get it let asap..

any comments appreciated

i have a brand new 2 bed house in wallsend(battlehill).ive had this property about 4weeks and its up with a local agent but to no avail.its priced at£525 and as a new landlord i wondered if anyone new any internet or tabloid options or any ideas in general to help find a tennant as i need to get it let asap..

any comments appreciated

You could try and let the rooms seperately on Spareroom.co.uk. I put one speculative ad on there and was inundated with reponses. I had 20 viewings that weekend and all 5 rooms I had available were taken.

You tend to get more money this way too, I was told I would get £1,000 to £1,200 letting the whole unit, but got £1,500 on a room per room basis (and I'm sure I actually could have got a lot more).

Worth considering as only £5 for a weeks advert, add pictures as it will increase the number of viewings.

Good luck!

Archived