Deposits

O'Neil

:) I took out an ast with a property owner who lives in Spain seven months ago. As he is abroad the property was managed by his 'friend' and I obtained a letter from the property owner authorising payments for the rent to be sent to his friend. Three months into the tenancy the 'friend' transferred managing the property to 'friend 2' and again the property owner gave us a letter authorising friend 2 to receive the rent on his behalf. Friend 2 gave me notice to leave the flat by 31st May as his marriage has broken up and he wants to live in it himself. The necessary two months notice will not have expired until 30th June. I have agreed to leave by 31st May provided he returns my deposit to me in the form of a bankers draft by that date when I will give him the keys. Friend 2 has told me Friend 1 has the deposit and I think he may have difficulty giving it back to me - what action can I take to get it back - I am leaving the property in good condition?

Don't pay the last Months Rent! and I hate saying that as a Landlord but quite frankly these two are taking the Piss!!

Any problems state now that you have no intention of leaving until they get their act together and sort out your deposit refund now! You are trying to be reasonable but you seem to be getting nowhere in trying to be helpful and considerate towards them.

I cannot believe I am in agreemnt with Melboy on this one. You are being ripped off in this case (im my opinion) and you need to protect yourself.

I really dislike it when tenants do this to me. But in the case cover your arse.

Archived