Which name should go on the tenancy agreement ?

SMILE

Hi there

I have found a tenant and need to go ahead and get a tenancy agreement sorted out ASAP but in the meantime I have a query :angry: ...... The deeds on my property are in my old married name....(I've simply not had time to sort this out...and probably won't have time to do so before I get this new tenant into my property...(I have since officially changed my surname) as I am now single.....Should I sign the tenancy agreement in my old married name or my new single name to make it a legal document relating to the rental of my property? Any help with this matter would be appreciated......THANKS

If your name is to change by legal process very shortly then I would use your new name on the contract. Don't forget to inform the Inland Revenue though although the chances are they will know already!

Hi there

I have already informed the Inland Revenue about my name change...no worries there.....but I probably won't be changing the name on the deeds in the very near future.....if I sign in my new single name....and I can prove (with copy of approved stamped letter from my solicitor about the name change ) it should be ok shouldn't it ?

Archived