Agent fees

jaybag

Long story,but I have let my flat out through the worst estate agents-I didn't have a clue then

Anyway-have now sold and the tenant has been given 2 months notice(she is now into her second year of tenancy)-I have had to pay the fees(got stitched up) for the next 6 months in advance-but the flat will be sold by the end of the second month

I have asked that the fees that haven't been used(4 months) be refunded,but they are refusing to pay me back and said that it would be left on account should I want to do any business with them again

I have told them in no uncertain terms that I will never deal with them again and that I want my account closed-they are refusing this and say that they will not be refunded!

The women I dealt with at the beginning who said that they fees would be refunded has now left and nothing was put into in writing to confirm this(I was an accidental landlord and very unsure of how it all worked)

Not to sure now where to go on this as I ham certain what they are doing is illegal holding onto monies that are not theirs and keeping it on account against my wish's

Any help or advice would be great-thank you

If you think you are in the right and have a good chance of winning (your contract with the agent will, in the main, determine what they can && can't do).......the small claims court is ideally suited to your situation.

hi

this is my first post so hello .. in regards to getting your money back have you signed any contracts which allow them the right to keep your money ..i feel this is a little strange .you could call them acting like you would like to use there services and slowly get to the point where you could use your example to see what they say (dont tell them it is you make up a name ).what has worked for me in the past is call them and tell who ever you are talking to that you are recording this message for training porposes they will give you your money back .if they say what for reply watch dog reviewing rouge landlords and letting agents .it will work ....wink.gif

good look

please let us know how you get on

cheers

mike

Thanks for the replys

I checked the paperwork last night and it does say that fees are non refundable,but,there isnt anything there to say that they will leave any monies on account or to explain what happens if I sell my property if there is any monies left over

I have handed it over for my solicitor to look at as I am very unhappy with this as you can imagine,it is making my blood boil

and that is a good idea re the phone call,will find out on solicitor says and then go from there.....will keep you posted

hi

this is my first post so hello .. in regards to getting your money back have you signed any contracts which allow them the right to keep your money ..i feel this is a little strange .you could call them acting like you would like to use there services and slowly get to the point where you could use your example to see what they say (dont tell them it is you make up a name ).what has worked for me in the past is call them and tell who ever you are talking to that you are recording this message for training porposes they will give you your money back .if they say what for reply watch dog reviewing rouge landlords and letting agents .it will work ....wink.gif

good look

please let us know how you get on

cheers

mike

Archived