HMO licences

salavan

hi does anyone know if i need a HMO licence

i have a 3 bedroom end of terrace house that i intend to let to 3 individuals that are not related

the house has the usal ground foor and first floor bedrooms and the local authority is east herts district council

hi does anyone know if i need a HMO licence

i have a 3 bedroom end of terrace house that i intend to let to 3 individuals that are not related

the house has the usal ground foor and first floor bedrooms and the local authority is east herts district council

always worth speaking with the local councils hmo team - normally resides in teh environamental health section bizarrely. Normal rule of thumb is. If you have upto 4 tennants on one assured shorthold tenancy you are fine - if you have 5 and the house is only over ground and 1st floors you are are fine too. If you have 5 or more tennats and the house is over 3 floors its classed as an hmo and you'll needa licence.

Also worth mentioning the mortgage market reduces enormously if its an hmo. - If you are letting rooms individually as opposed to all tenants being on one collective ast then its highly likely it will be considered an hmo

Archived