HELP!!! Improving the energy efficiency of the UK's existing housing stock

MattD11

Dear all,

I am currently undertaking a Bachelor of Science Degree in Building Surveying at Sheffield Hallam University. In fulfilment of this degree I am required to research a relevant topic and produce a dissertation.

I have chosen to look into the UK's privately owned existing housing stock and methods to improve energy efficiency through refurbishments. As part of this study I am looking into the awareness and attitudes of the home owners and occupiers towards reducing carbon emissions and improving the energy efficiency of their properties.

I would be very thankful if you could complete the questionnaire (link below), answering all the relevant questions. The questionnaire should not take any longer than approximately 10 minutes to complete.

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/VBX5S/

All information provided is for the sole use of this study and will be kept safe and securely stored. This is an anonymous study so please do not write your name anywhere on the questionnaire to protect your confidentiality.

I wish to thank you in advance for your time and cooperation in taking part in my research survey. I look forward to receiving your completed questionnaire.

Kind regards,

Matt :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

I had a brief look at your survey and noticed the age brackets chosen for the survey include 1980+. You may be better off changing it to 1983+ as that is when the building regs changed and properties were generally built with some form of cavity wall insulation. These properties are classified as partially filled and included as a category within the ECO guidelines for retrofitting extra insulation.

As an insulation company we have filled literally thousands of these properties as part of our ECO (Energy Company Obligation Act) commitment.

Regards

Mark

Archived