Jump to content

no contract

Recommended Posts

hi everyone,

this one is not for me. if a friend of mine has let someone on benefits live in a house but their is no contract and they now want her to leave how do they go about it? can they serve s21 or is their something different they have to do. thank you for any replies. jan1 :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they can serve notice, they would have to serve under s.21(4)(a). The sticking point here will be that there will have to be a court hearing as you cannot use the accelerated procedure (claim on the papers) where there is not written agreement. So you would have to serve the notice (2-3 months wait) then issue the claim on expiry (4-6 weeks wait) attend the court hearing and convince a judge to make an order for possession on the earliest date (usually 14 days) then apply for a warrant of eviction (county court bailiff 3 to 6 weeks, high court sheriff 7-10

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...