renovation compensation

Tenant said they would like the kitchen updated, & I agreed to do this. Renovation will include new kitchen doors, new LVT floor, new boiler, and painting the walls.  Work is anticipated to take 6 days and it is anticipate that there will be no hot water for 2 days. 

Tenant is requesting compensation for the inconvenience whilst the work is being completed.  Your views on this please.

Your tenant is not entitled to any compensation for no hot water if the boiler is being replaced. At most it would be a bunch of flowers if you were minded to do so but I certainly wouldn't. You cannot have a situation where the tenant is laying down unreasonable conditions on you, the landlord.

LVT = Luxury Vinyl  Tile.   😉

Why is it that tenants seem to think they are entitled to compensation because they pay rent instead of a mortgage ? 

It would be bad enough if the boiler had broken down and the tenant wanted compensation for the inconvenience BUT the work is actually being done at the tenants request.

I wouldn't be paying compensation. Ask them if they think you might be entitled to compensation by way of a rent increase to cover your costs for the renovation.

Ask them if they would prefer to surrender the tenancy prior to the works, and apply for the tenancy post works.

In truth I would rather see such T's gone.