Mobile Phone Mystery

Richlist

Now I know I'm not that good with modern technology but I am reasonably well informed/ experienced with most devices including mobile phones.

I've had a few viewings of one of my vacant flats over the last few days and there has been a number of repeat 'events' which I can't, for the life of me, understand.

People arrange a viewing and arrive outside my flat at or around the appointed time.  Now, if it were me, I'd just ring the door bell and be invited in. But no......they text me from their mobile phone to saying ' I'm outside' or words to that affect.

I was so annoyed about it today that I resorted to sarcasm by texting back, on more than one occasion. 'Well done! Now try ringing the door bell to complete your mission.

I've also had various people arrange to visit my own house who tell me.....they will text me when they leave and they will text me when they are 5 minutes away. All I really want is for them to turn up on time.......i really don't want a text

Do these people suffer from some kind of disorder ? Should I contact the authorities and get them some help to manage their mobile phone fixation?

No Acura, I don't have to get used to it.

I have every intention of growing old disgracefully and being a total pain in everyone's ars*.

I'll just make sure I send increasingly sarcastic remarks to any pointless texts.......or perhaps I won't answer them at all and leave them sitting in their cars.

Have a nice day now.

I often wonder what would happen if a massive radiation wave knocked out all the space communication satalites. Would it lead to people jumping off tall buildings as they have lost their Facebook imaginary "friends" ?  :D  

Imagine not being able to tell your Facebook page that you are about to jump off a tall building. Nobody would know would they.........but would the ethernet "friends" actually care.

This explains a lot: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/26/whatsapp-phone-calls-smartphone-messaging-millennials?CMP=twt_gu 

I do find how people treat their mobiles is a great revealer of whether I would be willing to rent one of my properties to them. When they text me to say they've run out of credit and could I call them back, I know they are not going to make the cut and I don't bother with the call back as if they can't afford their 'phone then they certainly can't afford to rent from me! 

Archived