please advise me im at my wits end!!!!

lizziebabe1980

right so the story goes something like this. Im leasing a property which is a hairdressers and a two bedroomed flat,i sublet the flat to two chaps who up until now have been fine.

I think its my own fault you see i havent been in this landlord game long and decided to rent the flat out with the bills included in the rent.....big mistake. My last gas bill was collosal but the problem is that when i talk to them about it they take no notice of me at all,they have moved a dryer onto the property without my permission also.

I wrote to them asking them if they could keep the heating to a reduced temperature (they have it on all the time on maximum heat witht the windows open to dry their clothes) and they wrote a very rude and upsetting letter back to me with swear words and everyting. Please give me some advice as im at my wits end and my business is suffering because i am constantly paying out.

Thanks

Well, basically you have made one hell of a mistake in including bills - what are you running, a charity?

I hope you have a tenancy agreement in place with a fixed term ie six months. Serve them notice now that you are not extending the agreement past the end date. Inform the gas, elec, etc. that you are not responsible for bills from this date. Get a new tenancy agreement signed without the bills bit.

Good luck!

Oh dear! <_< Yes I have to agree with the above, lesson learnt I think, if you include bills then the tenants will take advantage of this. Remember, give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile! <_<

OK, your best plan is to get rid of them and fast, I'm afraid you will have to pay the bills, there's no point arguing it, they are perfectally in the right.

Get notice served at once and get them out as soon as you can.

Try not to get upset about the letter they sent, it will happen from time to time and you just have to learn to ignore it, remember kicking them out of their home will hurt them far more than words on a piece of paper can do to you.

Good luck!

Archived