Tenancy Agreement

reph4444

Apologies as I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times, but as this is my first I want to ensure I do this right

I'm ready to rent out my first property and my son's friend want to rent from me, which is great

However, can someone advise what kind of agreement(s) I need to put in place and if so where I can download for free please

Any help much appreciated

Regards....

Hi,

You can download a tenancy agreement for free from the forms and guidance section of my own website, TurnKey Landlords, under 'Landlord Support'.

Be aware that you'll either need a buy to let mortgage, or 'consent to let' from your existing residential mortgage lender, to rent out your property.

If you do choose to visit my website, I also recommend you visit the 'new to buy to let' section and read our 'step-by-step guide to becoming a landlord'. There is a great deal of legislation in place and landlords have several obligations they need to meet. The more research and learning you can do, the better!

I wish you the very best of luck.

Regards,

A

A - absolutely perfect and free :-)

Thanks very much looks like a great website

I assume its the norm to have an initialtenancy agreement of 12months in duration and that you can keep that rolling each year?

and can you advise what a normal notice period is that you should expect from a tenant please?

Thanks again

Regards....

Ray

Please remember that although this is your son's friend, treat everything as if it is a normal tenant. In terms of landlords buildings insurance, you may be required to do checks on the property and have a written record of them. In cases of friends/family renting these things can get overlooked but the insurance company may want to see evidence of them at a time of a claim.

very very good point, hadn't thought of that :-)

Not sure if you can help with these questions please?

I assume its the norm to have an initial tenancy agreement of 12 months in duration and that you can keep that rolling each year?

and can you advise what a normal notice period is that you should expect from a tenant please?

Thanks again :-)

Archived