let down by letting agent

adonaghy

Ive had a great tenant in my property for over two years. My problem is the letting agent getting minor and major errors. E.g telling tenant she was in arrears (she wasnt), losing my gas cerificate I handed them (copy luckily) emailing me when a water leak occured (despite me asking for repairs to be notified to me by phone) , giving me misinformation about rental potential for a new property i'd hoped to buy to let.

They took my complaints from last year and actually paid me my years fees back and gave me an agreement I can pull out of with no penalty. I have no faith in them and have had tenant in tears with their mismanagement and she suggests I dump the letting agent.

If I did this, who would hold her deposit? Any advice on this scenario would be appreciated,

Ann Glasgow

The landlord is ultimately responsible for the deposit - so better check this out.

Are you in Glasgow? The same rules on landlord and tenancy do not apply in Scotland as in England and Wales.

If this is in Scotland you have a whole different set up which I am not familiar with.

Mortitia

Thanks, yes im in Glasgow. My current agent hold the deposit. If I dump the agent I would want a deposit held as before. Ive heard theres new legislation to say that a third, independant body should hold this. Im comfortable with this idf that the case.

Thanks for replies

Archived