landlords liability

wayne

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it waspie......where would they start? This would have been a very small insurance claim to any insurer and not worth their while to pursue the HA either in time or money.

The only reason you are having to pursue this matter is because you have no other avenue to proceed down for financial compensation for the loss of possession's etc. by your Daughter.

This event, had it been insured by all parties involved, would have almost certainly turned into a "no blame claim" by the insurance companies.

In our village we had a property written off due to severe flood damage by a blocked stream. The stream turned into a torrent of rising flood water due to main drain blockage of years of falling leaves from nearby trees.

The property insurance company paid out £100,000 even though the Highway's Agency had never cleared this storm drain and they should have completed this routine work but it was overlooked for decades. It was the contributing factor but nothing was ever followed up apart from the council coming along and clearing the storm drain in fact, they have done it 3 times since 2007.

I think if you do win your claim it will be on a "goodwill" basis rather than a admittance of liability by the HA.

Goodwill or not I'm sure my daughter won't mind....£4845 to my mind aint' no small change...but if that is how it is who are we to argue at least she will be able to get her life back on track.

The HA will a bit late with the goodwill but we'll take the gesture....167 days and counting.

The HA will a bit late with the goodwill but we'll take the gesture....167 days and counting

The Government & many financial institutions/ organisations keep people waiting years for their compensation.......eg HMRC, Equitable Life, Pensions etc. So, if you get it sorted & are paid out before the end of the year, thats considered to be a quick settlement.

The HA will a bit late with the goodwill but we'll take the gesture....167 days and counting

The Government & many financial institutions/ organisations keep people waiting years for their compensation.......eg HMRC, Equitable Life, Pensions etc. So, if you get it sorted & are paid out before the end of the year, thats considered to be a quick settlement.

Well the HA has to the end of this week to say yes or no and it's then to stage 4..ombudsman and then to court. This particular HA is already in difficulties with various overseeing bodies so I don't expect it to go on much longer.

We'll see.

The 167 days refers to the fact that she still 'aint back in her house...no electric...not form of heating...all repairs done...workmen in house all told number of days...11.

Archived