loan or mortgage

higlufc

I became an unwilling lanlord 3 years ago when i moved in with my girlfriend. I got consent from the halifax to rent my property out as i could not afford to live there. Now i only owe £23k and have about 6 years left to pay at about £400 a month.The trouble they now want to change my mortgage to a buy to let with a 2% rate rise and £600 fee and would tie me in for another 2 years.Would i be better getting a loan or ignoring the halifax letters because they would only penalise me 1% if i dont change to a buy to let mortgage and may take legal action. What legal action could they take. many thanks

Now i only owe £23 and have about 6 years left to pay at about £400 a month.

Presumably you mean £23K ?

What legal action could they take.

You will be in breach of your mortgage terms & conditions.

They could take action to foreclose on the loan but are more likely to take court action to force you to convert to a BTL loan. If they do you will have to take the BTL loan, pay all of the charges AND probably their court costs a well........not something thats recommended.

What legal action could they take. many thanks

The Halifax are well known for taking this type of action and I know of another recent case very similar to your case in question......the person lost their case and was forced to go to a BTL mortgage in place of a residential mortgage.

You have little choice really and believe me the mighty Halifax have a large legal department to follow things up so don't fight them.

Mel.

Can you raise 23K to pay off the mort ?

I would look at 0% credit cards - depending on personal circs.

i buy props 100% ltv with 0% balance transfers !

no i cant raise that amount, would it be better to get a loan than a mortgage.can you offset the loan against tax i know you can do it for a mortgage,

Archived