Glass Door Panel

dazzy999

Hi,

Glass door panel fell off after just about 2 months moving into the property. The glass is intact, the whole bit was stuck with a sticky tape. Property agent inspected the property just recently and have asked me to replace it as they mentioned that it is the tenant's responsibility to fix broken glasses as per the contract . It was not my fault that it fell off. Also all it needs is fixing back .

Is it my responsibillty to fix it ?

Thanks

Hi,

Glass door panel fell off after just about 2 months moving into the property. The glass is intact, the whole bit was stuck with a sticky tape. Property agent inspected the property just recently and have asked me to replace it as they mentioned that it is the tenant's responsibility to fix broken glasses as per the contract . It was not my fault that it fell off. Also all it needs is fixing back .

Is it my responsibillty to fix it ?

Thanks

If it was me. and I am a Landlord. I would have said no.

Provided you have the evidence of what you are saying then refuse to pay for the repair. It is the Landlords responsibilty to ensure glass door panels are correctly fitted and safe in place. BUT I do emphasise make sure you a re 100% correct in what you are saying.

Mel.

Archived