Considering Sale of Rental Property Spilsby Lincs

lesleyd

I own a good terrace property in the small market town of Spilsby Lincolnshire, (nice area close to shops & PO). It currently has a sitting tenant who has lived there since 2006 on 6 month short term agreements. I have managed the property myself without difficulty since 1996 and found no shortage of tenants in that time. The current tenant has never failed to pay rent on time, currently at £85.00 weekly (£4420.00pa). I am considering selling, as I am planning to move further away. If anyone is interested in this nice steady investment, offers circa £90,000 for quick completion, please contact me (Lesley) for further details (contact details at http://www.lawnbowls.com/lbcontrol/pages/getme.html)

Maybe I am using the wrong terminology - excuse my ignorance. The current tenant has a 6 month short term contract which expires 3rd August 2010.

That will be an AST then (Assured Shorthold Tenancy)

Mel.

To clarify........... a 'sitting tenant' is usually a tenant who does not have a tenancy agreement for some reason. They may have lived at the premises many, many years without an agreement and this is sometimes called a 'regulated tenancy'. Getting shot of or putting the rent up on this last type of tenancy is almost impossible unless they want to leave.

So as I understand it you want to sell your house with the tenant who is on an AST in it.

Some may say it would be easier to sell it with vacant posession - ie empty.

Mortitia

To clarify........... a 'sitting tenant' is usually a tenant who does not have a tenancy agreement for some reason. They may have lived at the premises many, many years without an agreement and this is sometimes called a 'regulated tenancy'. Getting shot of or putting the rent up on this last type of tenancy is almost impossible unless they want to leave.

So as I understand it you want to sell your house with the tenant who is on an AST in it.

Some may say it would be easier to sell it with vacant posession - ie empty.

Mortitia

Silly me !

Yes of course it is an AST - I was not aware of the special definition of 'sitting tenant' - As far as selling with vacant possession is concerned, I would (call me sentimental !) rather not move the tenant on because of her very advanced age and reliability. Anyone in the rental business might be glad of just such a tenant and I did hope that I could sell without the need to cause her any hassle. If I do not find anyone interested, then I shall just leave things as they are until it does become vacant. I am in no great rush.

Archived