Notice of repossession

dmx123

I was made redundant a few months ago and ever since I've been unable to pay my rent (now three months in arrears, including this one going forward until September). I've been scrambling trying to borrow money/get a new job, but it's all come too late, and today I was issues a notice of repossession, despite my best efforts.

I'm not sure what type of contract I have (I don't have a copy to hand without asking him, which is kinda not the thing to do right now, as you can imagine), but is there a general minimum time period I have before I have to vacate the building?

I appreciate not many people on here will be "on my side", so to speak, but I'm really fretting and this isn't a case of me taking the p*ss, but rather experiencing dire straights. :(

Aside from the minimum time, is there any way I can extend this? I have every intention to pay the outstanding monies, but I'm just incapable of doing so now. I haven't even been able to eat meat for the past 6 weeks, and my meals consist of oats or buttered loaves.

Many thanks in advance.

I was made redundant a few months ago and ever since I've been unable to pay my rent (now three months in arrears, including this one going forward until September). I've been scrambling trying to borrow money/get a new job, but it's all come too late, and today I was issues a notice of repossession, despite my best efforts.

I'm not sure what type of contract I have (I don't have a copy to hand without asking him, which is kinda not the thing to do right now, as you can imagine), but is there a general minimum time period I have before I have to vacate the building?

I appreciate not many people on here will be "on my side", so to speak, but I'm really fretting and this isn't a case of me taking the p*ss, but rather experiencing dire straights. :ph34r:

Aside from the minimum time, is there any way I can extend this? I have every intention to pay the outstanding monies, but I'm just incapable of doing so now. I haven't even been able to eat meat for the past 6 weeks, and my meals consist of oats or buttered loaves.

Many thanks in advance.

There is always housing benefit available to you if you are unable to pay your rent...just keep your landlord up to date with the application progress and tell him you will authorise payment direct to him

Normally 2 mths notice is required ..........

Understand you have no cash right now re: meat etc .............

If your LL has no rent in ....then he must pay mort from his own pocket..... and is prob scrathing around the garden for worms do you think the Mort co will say when he says "i will pay the mort ...just not right now !" .........hope you understand why LL have no choice but to issue repo order ........

The Rodent

Archived