Wrong notice-chances of gaining a possession order?

jules44

Hi all,

I wonder if annyone has any experiences of giving the wrong notice.

I have been hanging on putting my N5B into court as the council advised me that my tennant may be offered a house early this week, thats not happened so Im sending the N5B today.

Basically I didn't do a s21 just a standard letter to say that I would not be renewing the tenancy agreement. Oliver has very kindly been advising me and I have served proper notice now so that if my first attept fails I am ready to go again.

So what do you think my chances are with the courts, because its not a proper notice are my chances slim??

Should I save my £150 and put it in again in 2 months???

Your advice and experiences are appreciated.

Thanks

jules xx

Hi , the Which guide to renting says before starting possession proceedings the landlord must serve a termination notice under Section 21 of the housing act 1988.

This is known as the Section 21 notice, and it must be served at leat two months before possession is required.

The notice must be in writing but does not have to be in a set form(allthough forms my be purchased from law stationers).

I did this by writing to the tenant a letter requiring a possession of my property at certain date ,but did not do it with a special form and it went to court and the notice was ok. In the future ofcourse i will use a form should i need to .

Hi all,

I wonder if annyone has any experiences of giving the wrong notice.

I have been hanging on putting my N5B into court as the council advised me that my tennant may be offered a house early this week, thats not happened so Im sending the N5B today.

Basically I didn't do a s21 just a standard letter to say that I would not be renewing the tenancy agreement. Oliver has very kindly been advising me and I have served proper notice now so that if my first attept fails I am ready to go again.

So what do you think my chances are with the courts, because its not a proper notice are my chances slim??

Should I save my £150 and put it in again in 2 months???

I'm no expret but I would say yes, you would have to, but beware it's not just 2 months, it's 2 months from the trigger date! i.e. if the tenancy agreement runs for the 1st of the month you can cannot give notice from the 14th of the month. Read up on it at this link:

http://www.letlink.co.uk/letting-factsheets/factsheets/

Your advice and experiences are appreciated.

Thanks

jules xx

Archived