Any one wanna help??

mummy2be

Hiya all, were a couple starting out and have a baby on the way. the councils have been usless and my partner lives 52 miles away! we despratly need somewhere in dartford or around that area, all the way to rochester as my partner works in dartford we cant go too far away. we would be claiming part dss but dont have a guarentor. does anyone know of any landlords that will take us on?? or any information that might help??

Thanks

First off, i'm not a landlord in your area and cannot help directly BUT from a private landlords perspective, most would only really take you on under these circumstances, if you could pay the full 6 months up front, plus a security deposit. Too many landlords have been stung for payment in month 2 of a 6 month contract and unable to evict until many months have passed, so it is understandable really. Don't panic, save, save, save and you will get there.

hiya, thanks for replying!

Well it turns out we wont be claiming dss at all but still dont have a guarentor. but because my partner earns enough we mite be able to get away with it...as weve been told.

thanks for your help though, really appreciated.

if anyone knows anything dont hesitate to let me know! :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Hiya all, were a couple starting out and have a baby on the way. the councils have been usless and my partner lives 52 miles away! we despratly need somewhere in dartford or around that area, all the way to rochester as my partner works in dartford we cant go too far away. we would be claiming part dss but dont have a guarentor. does anyone know of any landlords that will take us on?? or any information that might help??

Thanks

I am a Landlord (not in your required area) and am considering this http://www.iguarantee.co.uk/index.htm

which may help you get round your deposit dilema. You (or your partner) will just need good credit references - not a guarantor and if so, this could be a good long term bet for many who struggle to come up with the deposit but are otherwise good tenants. I wouldn't blame any landlord using this method for insisting on an up-front payment for an end of tenancy professional clean, which is the way I intend to go. At least that is much less than an adequate deposit to cover damage as well.

Good luck.

Archived