Sign in to follow this  
Richlist

Rent Payments during Lockdown

Have any of the regulars on here experienced tenants withholding rent payments during the lockdown ?

Fortunately I'm still receiving 100% payments although I've had two complain that they are unable to use the benefit I offer as part of their package. Longer term tenants get free use of my holiday home (in Spain). Obviously they can't get out there at the moment and booking something for later in the year when the situation is totally unknown is not a good idea either. It wouldn't surprise me if they try to ask for a rent reduction due to loss of benefit.

I suppose I could offer my T's use of my holiday home, but that's when they've found their own campsite and they would have to put it up themselves (I don't mean that in a painful way).

😄 COR..........No problems encountered so far but I do have one where I am completely mystified how he is managing to pay his rent AND manage all the other household bills as he has not had a job since last Christmas when he was laid off due to redundancy but I have not approached the subject. His Wife works so that must be where the bulk of bill paying etc comes from with his irregular income from the one or two days he does work.

Oh Well doesn't pay to think too deeply about it. Their rent was duly paid yesterday and that is all that matters to me.

I would like to offer 1 or 2 of my long term tenants something nice like Richlist does but I do not have a Spanish villa. I do give out wine and beer and chocolates at Christmas to two of them. Must be going soft in my old age.  😀

No problems here either , but what earlier on in the year looked very buoyant with our AirB&B / Booking.com holiday lets are now zilch.