Product Design Survey - Condensation within our homes

mcdesigns

Hi,

I am a 3rd year Product Design student in Cardiff Metropolitan University currently doing a project on 'Condensation within our homes'. Focusing to reduce the excess condensation inside houses and minimizing the risk of mould growth. Also, considering different factors such as structural damages caused by excess moisture and potential health risk factors. 

I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who have encountered these types of problems in their home before. I'm hoping to find out how people have overcame this problem, for example with the use of dehumidifiers or simply having better air circulation through ventilation. Anything would be helpful.

Lastly, if you could spare a minute or two to take a short survey that would be greatly appreciated. 

https://cardiffmet.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d6lRDH4TJ4v3QUZ

Thank you!

7 hours ago, mcdesigns said:
Hi,

I am a 3rd year Product Design student in Cardiff Metropolitan University currently doing a project on 'Condensation within our homes'. Focusing to reduce the excess condensation inside houses and minimizing the risk of mould growth. Also, considering different factors such as structural damages caused by excess moisture and potential health risk factors. 

I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who have encountered these types of problems in their home before. I'm hoping to find out how people have overcame this problem, for example with the use of dehumidifiers or simply having better air circulation through ventilation. Anything would be helpful.

Lastly, if you could spare a minute or two to take a short survey that would be greatly appreciated. 

https://cardiffmet.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d6lRDH4TJ4v3QUZ

Thank you!

1. Do you not want answers from people over 65 ?

2. The survey does not provide an opportunity to show how we overcome condensation.

3. The survey has nothing to do with product design.

4. The survey appears to be very short sighted and does not cover the subject sufficiently.

5. I am always extremely disappointed at the standard of surveys from university students.

Please try harder......this attempt really is not good enough.

A lot of mould/dampness appears in kitchen cupboards or fixed cupboards in bedrooms which isnt a option.

Also the survey doesn't ask if if the cause is known, which could be, lifestyle, lack of ventilation, lack of heating, water leaks, lack of insulation, lack of general maintenance to the building, combination of all, or not known.

9 Times out of 10 it is caused by the lifestyle of the occupier who wont accept they are responsible.

On 11/16/2018 at 8:09 AM, Richlist said:

1. Do you not want answers from people over 65 ?

2. The survey does not provide an opportunity to show how we overcome condensation.

3. The survey has nothing to do with product design.

4. The survey appears to be very short sighted and does not cover the subject sufficiently.

5. I am always extremely disappointed at the standard of surveys from university students.

Please try harder......this attempt really is not good enough.

Thank you for the feedback, sorry to disappoint.

I've made a few changes to my survey. At the moment, I'm still at the researching phase and still acquiring knowledge of the subject which may have reflected with my initial survey. If you have any personal experiences I would love to hear from you, ignore the survey if you must 🙂

On 11/16/2018 at 11:54 AM, Grampa said:

A lot of mould/dampness appears in kitchen cupboards or fixed cupboards in bedrooms which isnt a option.

Also the survey doesn't ask if if the cause is known, which could be, lifestyle, lack of ventilation, lack of heating, water leaks, lack of insulation, lack of general maintenance to the building, combination of all, or not known.

9 Times out of 10 it is caused by the lifestyle of the occupier who wont accept they are responsible.

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. That's definitely a question that was missing in my survey and I have added that now.

Archived