How Incompetent Can They Get ?

Richlist

Out of the blue yesterday I received an email from energy supplier EON telling me my latest bill is ready to view. Only problem is I sold the property 18 months ago !

Maybe I should just add them to my long list of companies to avoid wherever possible.

I'm with EON and have been for a few years now. My contract is up next January but the question is who would you go to? All these companies are as bad as one another and the worse one appears to be British Gas.

Well......I got stuck with EON on this particular rental property because they were used by the vacating tenant. I let my tenants use/ change energy supplier.

For my own personal property over the last few years I have always looked at uSwitch or other comparison sites. This has identified the smaller, lesser known energy suppliers as offering the best deal. I've used Ovo, Flow, Spark etc

I'm just about to have solar panels installed so that will force me to make lots of changes. Currently I have economy 7 (separate day and night tarrifs). With solar energy the dual rate won't be cost effective as there will be no point putting the washing machine on at night, as I do now. I will have to get used to putting it on at midday when the solar is operating at max and all the energy will be free.

Looking forward to free hot water and the Gov't paying me my feed in tariff.

Solar installations have come down in price quite dramatically since 2010/2011 which can now make it worth consideration.

Archived