Agent said they need to take pictures for check-out inspection days before my actual move out date

Lucina

Hello, 

If someone can please advise- my actual end date for the lodger's agreement is 28th August. I plan to move out all my stuff by around 25th and spend the next day or so to clean the place.

Now the letting agent sent me an email to say that they need to carry out a check-out inspection on 24th or 25th as they do not work on 28th. That involves them taking pictures of all items to see if there are any damages. I am not comfortable with this as I don't have time to clear and clean the place by then. I am very pushed with time as I work as well on top of trying to pack my stuff.

Is it legal that they can demand checking out and inspecting 3 or 4 days before the actual end date? I told them I could be there on 28th evening if needed (as I need to work that day during day time) or else I am happy to surrender my keys to the landlord who lives downstairs on 28th and come back for the inspection on 29th as by then everything would have moved out and I would have cleaned the place.

Please and please advise. I feel that they are not being fair.:(

Regards,

Maisy

Archived