New requirements for a 'new' tenancy

Carryon Regardless

Just for the record I paid £10 +VAT for my Kidde CO alarms but that was Company trade price but RL is correct you can buy them for around £13.

I found 10 year CO alarms for about that price which I have been getting fitted at the same time as my 10 year Fire angel smoke alarms so they will expire approx the same time which will be hopefully after I have retired to somewhere warm.:)

Trust me Grampa there is no such thing as retirement.  I am living proof of this as a fact.  :D

I took early retirement 10 years ago.

My employer made me an offer I couldn't refuse. A six figure lump sum and a full pension which I could take within a month or work another 5 years or more and get exactly the same.......it took me all of 20 seconds to accept.

I was already struggling to manage my day job and my growing property empire at the same time. I had already asked to change my hours so that I started work at 6am until 2.30pm......giving me 2.5 hours of the business day remaining to deal with my property business. But retirement gave me even more time to grow the business.

I do get more leisure time now but when i work i probably work a lot harder than I ever did .....but I get far more enjoyment.

I cant see me ever taking complete retirement cos im enjoying myself to much. I now have a few other busines interests and i could never ever work for someone else again

I take far less time off, working for my self then I ever took as a employee but it doesnt bother me and I dont miss it. (the other half would disagree though) But it is nice to have the flexibility to shoot out for the day or afternoon when  needed. 

The down down is when I do go on holiday it takes me at least 3 days to get into holiday mode and stop checking all the emails to find out whats going on, though I have more than capable staff to deal with anything that crops up.

Archived